ASP.NET Configuration Tool

Guest

I am having a little issue with VS 2005. I am trying to use the ASP.NET
configuration manager and have not had any success launching the application.
No matter what I do I get an error message that says “Unable to connect to
Visual Studio’s Local Host Web Serverâ€, other that that everything seems to
be ok. I am running XP 64bit edition of Windows, and the MSDN Build of Visual
Studio Professional.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Steven,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for the WebAdmin tools problem you mentioned, I'd like to confirm the
following things:

Is your web application created using IIS or filesystem mode or have you
tried create and running applicaiton through the .net 2.0 test
webserver(without IIS)? The web admin application is also using that test
webserver, so if you can start a normal website application (with a random
generated port), that means the test webserver should be ok.....

In addition, have you got some error message like:

ASP>NET Development Server failed to start listening on port 2536

Please feel free to post here if there're anything you found....

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVuIFJhbWFjaGVy?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: ASP.NET Configuration Tool
| Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 16:43:01 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I am having a little issue with VS 2005. I am trying to use the ASP.NET
| configuration manager and have not had any success launching the
application.
| No matter what I do I get an error message that says “Unable to connect
| Visual Studio’s Local Host Web Server� other that that everything
seems to
| be ok. I am running XP 64bit edition of Windows, and the MSDN Build of
Visual
| Studio Professional.
| --
| Steven

Guest

I have successfully created projects under IIS and file system mode, but have
not had any success with the web admin tool in either case. The only reason I
need the tool is that I would like an easy way to configure providers for
membership, and manage the users. I have to wonder if it has anything to do
with XP 64 bit edition.

Guest

I figured out what the problem was. IIS was in 32 bit mode. After I converted
it back to native 64 bit I was able to register the asp.net service and life
is good again.

thanks,

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Cool! Glad that you've figured out the problem.

Also, if you have anything else we can help, please always feel free to
post here.

Regards,

| > > |