Custom Server Control can't hold modified status

ton

My custom control changes form, depending on the clicks. Ik save the status,
and I can see that this occurs.
So when I Show at the beginning 10 fields, which includes a field which is a
foreign key to another record in another table. Pressing on the linkbutton
"changes the behaviour of the control" meaning I'm now showing several
fields of this table.
This works great. I keep the status info (Record,Table,Fiels to show). And I
even display them. Refresh of the screen works.

But when I click on a button on the screen (a button part of the webform,
with no code at all) the postback brings the original situation.
It looks that te posts resume's the modified status.

What can cause this behaviour
Ton

ton

Solved !
My only concern in this matter is now the back page of the browser (this
will not reset the state). So How can I disable a backbutton of the browser.