Datarepeater question

Stephen

Hi,

I have a quick question. I am displaying all the orders that are active. I
am making use of a datarepeater with checkboxes to display data and a submit
button to insert into the database.

suppose i want to make the orders inactive using the checkboxes and click on
the submit button should update the database.

How do I capture the event such that only those check boxes that have been
checked are updated and not others?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Alex

The following code will loop through all the checkboxes and test the values

private sub CheckCheckBoxes
Dim p_ClsRepItem As RepeaterItem
Dim p_CtrlCheckBox As CheckBox
If repFiles.Items.Count = 0 Then Return
For Each p_ClsRepItem In Me.repFiles.Items
If p_ClsRepItem.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Or
p_ClsRepItem.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Then

p_CtrlCheckBox =
CType(p_ClsRepItem.FindControl("CheckBox1"), CheckBox)
If p_CtrlCheckBox.Checked = True Then
'do something here
End If
End If

Next
End Sub

'hope it helps a bit

RedGate IT Limited
Unit 14, Alpha Court, Windmill Lane Industrial Estate, Denton, M34 3RB

[T]0161 337 0865
[E][email protected]
[W]www.redgateit.com

legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not disclose, copy or use any part of it - please delete all copies
immediately and notify RedGate IT Limited on +44 (0)161 337 0865.