Error

Eric

When data is more than one line it skip the second line in my program.
Case Summary where it get data only from first line. I need help what
changes i will do in my program so that it read the whole summary
from text file.

ERROR

-----------

Case "[Sum"
test = True
OUTPUT
------------
cust states that they and no one in the household ever

ORIGINAL DATA
------------------------

[Summary]
cust states that they and no one in the household ever
ordered those ppv movies.cust requesting credit of
$35.80.

Function EnumerateFolder( sFolder )

Dim fso, ts, data
Set fol = fso.Getfolder ( server.mappath(sfolder) )
For each fil in fol.files
Set ts = fil.openastextstream(1)
Do While Not ts.AtEndOfStream
data = ts.ReadLine
If test(Left(data, 4)) Then
data = ts.ReadLine
response.write("<br>")
response.write(data)
End If
Loop
Next
ts.Close
End Function

EnumerateFolder "c:\txt"

Function test(s)
Select Case s

Case "[Dat"
test = True

Case "[Nov"
test = True

Case "[Sub"
test = True

Case "[Cus"
test = True

Case "[Str"
test = True

Case "[Cit"
test = True

Case "[Acc"
test = True

Case "[Ins"
test = True

Case "[Las"
test = True

Case "[PPV"
test = True

Case "[Mon"
test = True

Case "[Cur"
test = True

Case "[Typ"
test = True

Case "[Lan"
test = True

Case "[CRC"
test = True

Case "[Eve"
test = True

Case "[Sum"
test = True

Case "[Box"
test = True

Case "[MD"
test = True

Case "[Con"
test = True

End Select
End Function

-----------------------

---DATA------

[Date]
Sat Aug 05 14:06:12 EDT 2006

[Novell ID]
NSMITH4

[Subject]
PPV / VOD Research - Dispute - 1st Time - 711579

[Customer's Name]
EDWARD CAMPBELL

[Street]
5 WHEELER AVE APT 2

[City, State, Zip]
BRIDGEPORT CT, 06606

[Account Number]
006-0416-08

[Install Date]
06/21/2001

[Last Known Event Date]
06/29/2006

[PPV Hold]
No

[Monthly Rate]
186.52

[Current Services]
Optimum Voice
OOL FamilyorAbv
OR$20Discount
iO Silver Pkg
iO Box
PPOF
Addset: C/Rdy
OV World Call
OV Ported Number

[Type of Request]
Dispute - 1st Time

[Language]
English

[CRC PIN Instructions]
Yes

[Event Numbers/Date Range]
#77922 6/29, #78306 6/29, #77716 6/28, #77312 6/28

[Summary]
cust states that they and no one in the household ever
ordered those ppv movies.cust requesting credit of
$35.80.

[Box Verification by Customer]
2,SABKDTHBF,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes

[MD Page ID]
1

[Control Number]
651789

Dave Anderson

Eric said:
When data is more than one line it skip the second line in my
program. Case Summary where it get data only from first line.
If test(Left(data, 4)) Then
data = ts.ReadLine
response.write("<br>")
response.write(data)
End If

You are only reading one line per item, so you only write one line.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

Function EnumerateFolder( sFolder )

Dim fso, ts, data
Set fol = fso.Getfolder ( server.mappath(sfolder) )
For each fil in fol.files
Set ts = fil.openastextstream(1)
Do While Not ts.AtEndOfStream
data = ts.ReadLine
If test(Left(data, 4)) Then
data = ts.ReadLine
response.write("<br>")
response.write(data)
End If
Loop
Next
ts.Close
End Function

EnumerateFolder "c:\txt"
I'm not really sure what your desired output is, but try this:

Do While Not ts.AtEndOfStream
data = ts.ReadLine
If not test(Left(data, 4)) Then
response.write("<br>")
response.write(data)
End If
Loop

Eric

Yes my program read one line per item and some times there are more
then one line. I need help how to i read the whole information (which
some times consist of more then one line) of each item. For eg.

[Current Services]
HBO on Demand
iO Silver Pkg
iO Box
PPOF
TripleDoubleOV
DoublPlyOOL
OV Ported Number

Current Services has more then one line and the program only read the
first line that is HBO on Demand and skip rest of the line . Please
help

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Did you even try my suggestion? Again, change this:

Do While Not ts.AtEndOfStream
data = ts.ReadLine
If test(Left(data, 4)) Then
data = ts.ReadLine
response.write("<br>")
response.write(data)
End If
Loop

to this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

-------------------------------------------------------------------- --
----

[...]

header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get
a quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.

Eric

Thank you very much man you are really great. Now second step is to put
the data into access table. Logic which i am going to use is to put one
by one into an array then from array into table. Any other easy logic
if you have i would be very appreciate.

Eric said:
Thank you very much man you are really great. Now second step is to
put the data into access table. Logic which i am going to use is to
put one by one into an array then from array into table. Any other
easy logic if you have i would be very appreciate.
I can't make any suggestions without knowing what you intend to do with
the data, and some details about how you will be storing the data (field
names and datatypes).

Eric

I try to insert some data in my table name customer(Customer_Name,
Street, Account_No) from data:
[Customer's Name]
[Street]
[Account Number]
How to i do that needs help

Set con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
sConnection ="Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data
Source=emp1"
con.Open(sConnection)

Function EnumerateFolder( sFolder )
Dim fso, ts, data
Set fol = fso.Getfolder ( server.mappath(sfolder) )
For each fil in fol.files
Set customer = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
Set ts = fil.openastextstream(1)
ary = Split(ts.ReadAll(),"[")
ts.Close
For i = 1 to Ubound(ary)