Hello everyone!

Joined
Aug 26, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Hello all! I'm going to be completely honest. I started coding through chat gpt because one day I asked it to do something for me and it just spat out a script, which was a bit weird. Anyways, I've been using chatgpt and other ai to cross reference code that it has wrote, but a lot of things that I make it do still take a lot of feedback and adjustments. I'm looking to get some help beyond chat gpt to learn more so I can start coding without it, and to automate the tasks that I have to do now.

Joined
Aug 22, 2023
Messages
52
Reaction score
12
There's nothing wrong with using ChatGPT for programming help. As AI becomes more universal, it will progressively become more common to use it for coding assistance (and it's a much easier fix than reading some incomprehensible jargon in the console). It only becomes plagiarism when you are copying off of the code. In response to your inquiry, this forum is a wonderful place to answer your programming queries, and it will serve as a good alternative to ChatGPT😊.

Joined
Sep 7, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
There's nothing wrong with using ChatGPT for programming help. As AI becomes more universal, it will progressively become more common to use it for coding assistance (and it's a much easier fix than reading some incomprehensible jargon in the console). It only becomes plagiarism when you are copying off of the code. In response to your inquiry, this forum is a wonderful place to answer your programming queries, and it will serve as a good alternative to ChatGPT😊.
😄Are you a chatbot?

I've read several 'Saul H' posts now and imo it's become clearly evident you ain't like most people.

For example: the above quoted 'Saul H' post begins with an apparently implied—and demonstrably erroneous assumption, ie: "There's nothing wrong with using ChatGPT for programming help.", and this is in response to the OP, in which not once was anything even remotely stated to the contrary, nor even alluded to in the slightest. I mean, it almost appears as though you've responded here—but to a completely different post.
Same with the bit where you've, apparently out of nowhere, spontaneously decided to drag the subject of plagiarism into this introductory thread too.
😂Just seems extremely unusual.

Joined
Sep 7, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hello all! I'm going to be completely honest. I started coding through chat gpt because one day I asked it to do something for me and it just spat out a script, which was a bit weird. Anyways, I've been using chatgpt and other ai to cross reference code that it has wrote, but a lot of things that I make it do still take a lot of feedback and adjustments. I'm looking to get some help beyond chat gpt to learn more so I can start coding without it, and to automate the tasks that I have to do now.
G'day mate, nice to meet you.

Those coding AIs are pretty interesting aye.
I've been using a few different ones, though I have occasionally used the standard GPTs too.

There's a reasonably decent (& completely free) coding AI that might be of some use for you, which is found at the zzzcode.ai site.

I use it quite often, sometimes just for checking over/correcting my amateurish attempts at CSS & HTML, though mostly I use it for...lol, arbitrary experimentation.

Like, earlier this week it helped me with creating an absurdly over-buttoned footer, just for fun.

Frankly I'm still surprised that we eventually were successful in creating a fully responsive footer entirely made of nothing but buttons....😂180 total buttons to be exact, all with FA6 icons and arranged into 6 perfect concentric circles.

However, just so you're aware, zzzcode.ai doesn't always provide functional results. Sometimes it spits codes that work remarkably well, while most of the time it either takes several attempts to get things somewhat close to being right, while more often the results (at least for me) have proven hilariously disastrous. Yet tbh the zzzcode.ai seems to do a hell of a lot better overall than any of the paid coding AIs I've used so far.

Joined
Aug 22, 2023
Messages
52
Reaction score
12
😄Are you a chatbot?

I've read several 'Saul H' posts now and imo it's become clearly evident you ain't like most people.

For example: the above quoted 'Saul H' post begins with an apparently implied—and demonstrably erroneous assumption, ie: "There's nothing wrong with using ChatGPT for programming help.", and this is in response to the OP, in which not once was anything even remotely stated to the contrary, nor even alluded to in the slightest. I mean, it almost appears as though you've responded here—but to a completely different post.
Same with the bit where you've, apparently out of nowhere, spontaneously decided to drag the subject of plagiarism into this introductory thread too.
😂Just seems extremely unusual.
Haha! Nope, I'm not an AI! And I don't think it was a very erroneous assumption I made!