How to call asp page from ASPNET

abcd

is there anyway I can call ASP page from ASPNET page. How should I
call...whats the syntax...or code sample

thanks

Curt_C [MVP]

abcd said:
is there anyway I can call ASP page from ASPNET page. How should I
call...whats the syntax...or code sample

thanks

Call it for what purpose? Are you trying to parse it in, in the
background? Redirect to it? etc?

abcd

I have a COM component which is instantiated in ASP page and that does a job
for me....ASP page returns me the list of some values....as that ASP page is
already written I dont want to convert it into aspx page....

the values I get from ASP page I use it in ASPX page in list box....

Curt_C [MVP]

abcd said:
I have a COM component which is instantiated in ASP page and that does a job
for me....ASP page returns me the list of some values....as that ASP page is
already written I dont want to convert it into aspx page....

the values I get from ASP page I use it in ASPX page in list box....

So you want to Parse the Remote Page... that's your search, I think you
will find a number of ways to do this out there.

abcd

yes...

do you know any quick solution

abcd said:
yes...

do you know any quick solution

With ASP.NET I don't, sorry. I know I've seen it posted here before, and
would be willing to bet that Google would get you a good start.
The problem isnt calling the remote page, its going to be getting the
Text out of the html generated page... The whole page will be read in
as a large string, which you will have to break apart.
In the end I'd be willing to bet you will be better off calling that
same COM component from your ASP.NET page instead....

abcd

my current solution is I am using VB component which is using Internet
Transport Control to reach to that asp page that works great....and I call
that coponent from aspx page

my code looks like

Set obj = CreateObject("InetCtls.Inet")
output = obj.OpenURL(strURL, icString)

this worlks good....but we have deployment issues...we dont know whether
this control exsits on every OS....

Mark Rae

is there anyway I can call ASP page from ASPNET page. How should I
call...whats the syntax...or code sample

What do you mean by "call" exactly? If you mean that an ASP.NET page
contains a hyperlink which points to an ASP page, or that its code-behind
redirects or transfers to an ASP page, then you do it just as if it were an
ASP.NET page.

abcd

I mean my codebehind will run/execute (or whatever mechanism is) that asp
page and return some outout for me (asp page is using response.wrire) ....

what is that mecnhamism ?? so that I can get out put from asp page into my
aspx page

WJ

"abcd"

Can you direct the ASP page to return you XML so that your ASP.Net page can
read in into your list ?

John