Java Driven Left Nav Menu Question - Please Help!

Guest

Hello Java experts,

This question concerns the attempted implementation of animated navigation
menus on the left nav of a dynamically populated page/website. The left nav
menus are simply categories and sub-categories that expand to the right on
mouse over. A click is required to actually navigate to either the 1st, 2nd,
or 3rd tier of menu categories.

I have a fundamental question to ask of you learned Java programmers. If
Java is being used to load animated navigation menus on the left nav column
how much control over the load delay is there?

In other words, is it normal to have the index page remain completely blank
for a count of 10-12 seconds while all of the graphics and all of the Java
menus load in the background and then suddenly pop into view, or is it
possible to have the page load quickly and conventionally (like a page with
no Java script) and then allow the Java to load in the background? Basically
holding back the loading of the Java to allow the balance of the page to
load prior to the Java script?

Secondarily to this question:
Once the home/index page has loaded and the Java menus are active on the
left nav, is there a way to avoid having he screen go blank again when you
click on a link and navigate to another page on the same website. My site
goes blank for another count of 10-12 seconds (over cable!) while it waits
to load all the graphics and again loads the same java menu before
refreshing the screen! Seems like once the Java has loaded it should be held
in a cache somehow to avoid having to re-load it every time you move to
another page within the same website???

Is this just the way it is with Java driven nav menus, or is the code
installed wrong, or does the code just stink and needs to be replaced?

Please advise,
Thank you.... ojitoys1

Ann

Hello Java experts,

This question concerns the attempted implementation of animated navigation
menus on the left nav of a dynamically populated page/website. The left nav
menus are simply categories and sub-categories that expand to the right on
mouse over. A click is required to actually navigate to either the 1st, 2nd,
or 3rd tier of menu categories.

I have a fundamental question to ask of you learned Java programmers. If
Java is being used to load animated navigation menus on the left nav column
how much control over the load delay is there?

Me thinks it is all done with JavaScript, not Java.

Andrew Thompson

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:42:47 GMT, Ann wrote:

(snip)
Me thinks it is all done with JavaScript, not Java.

Funny you should say that. [1]
<http://groups.google.com/[email protected]>
[Note that post had not even appeared on Google at the time I posted this.]

As well as part of the reason I requested an URL..
<http://groups.google.com/[email protected]>
...before I put the message on this thread requesting the OP
refrain from multi-posting, as that leads to ..duplicated
effort and advice[1]. ;-)