javascript form validaion won't post to asp page

iam247

Hi

I have an asp page without any javascript. It posts the content of a
form to another page, which reads the form fields using Request.Form.

This is the form header:

<form name=form method=post action=RegDetails.asp>

I have tried to modify the form by adding javascript for password
validation. The script came from:

http://javascript.internet.com/forms/val-pass.html

The form header from this javascript is:

<form name=myForm onSubmit="return validatePwd()">

This header validates my passwords ok but obviously is missing,
method=post & action=RegDetails.asp

When have combined the to form headers to give:

<form name=myform method=post onSubmit="return validatePwd()"
action=RegDetails.asp>

This header still validates the password but does not Post to
RegDetails.asp

On pressing submit the form fields are sent via the url as a
querystring, back to the same form/page which opens blank.

I would appreciate help in using the javascript to validate my form but
still Post the form values to RegDetails.asp

Thanks ColinK

iam247

Hi Danny
Thanks for your interest. Hopefully the following will more accurately
clarify the problem.

If I copy all of the script from:
<form name=myform method=post onSubmit="return validatePwd()"
action=RegDetails.asp>

Into a new page, the validation works fine. If the 2 passwords match
the final result is:
1. The "nice Job" alert pops up
2. A blank form reloads with the original url + the querystring of
Password 1& 2
eg
http://localhost/gc7/www/pass.asp?password=123456&password2=123456

If I remove the complete line for the last alert
alert('Nice job.');

Result 1 above obviously does not work but result 2 does.

The Problem

If I change the form header from the original to any of the 2
alternatives - shown at bottom (from my own original non validating
page) The form does not validate the passwords but post to
RegDetails.asp - same as my own original.

I want to be able to validate and post - but I can't do both

Thanks ColinK
ORIGINAL
<form name=myForm onSubmit="return validatePwd()">
ALTERNATIVE1
<form name="myform" method="post" onSubmit="return validatePwd()"
action="RegDetails.asp">
ALTERNATIVE2
<form name=myform method=post onSubmit="return validatePwd()"
action=RegDetails.asp>

Note I have 2 alternatives as the javascript did not seem to like the
"" in some parts of my original page.

ASM

If I copy all of the script from:

You have to copy-paste the whole JS script
You have to copy-past the 2 elements nammed 'password' and 'pasword2'
in the html code of your form

Your form must to be what you write here :
<form name=myform method=post onSubmit="return validatePwd()"
action=RegDetails.asp>

Into a new page, the validation works fine. If the 2 passwords match
the final result is:
1. The "nice Job" alert pops up

Yes
and ...
the form is submitted

that's to say : the page 'pass.asp' is called
2. A blank form reloads with the original url + the querystring of
Password 1& 2
eg
http://localhost/gc7/www/pass.asp?password=123456&password2=123456

exactly : it is what that has to do

-> your page 'pass.asp' has to treate one (or better : both) of the
two passwords given in end of url
It is to *you* to build your *asp program* in this page