Kia Ora, How's Everyone Doin'?

Reaction score
(*Kia ora, just basically means hello in Māori)

Nice to meet y'all, it's great to be here.
I'm hereby goin' by the handle: A.N.Omalum, which is simply a variation of the title of my current (comically amateurish) primary experimental forum site, ie: @anomalum.flarum.cloud

Now, I should probably point out that I am quite aware that thecodingforums.com is a Xenforo™ based site, whereas anomalum.flarum.cloud is a Flarum™ based site. Though I hope this won't be a problem (?).
However I'll add that I was previously with XF and have run about 5 XF forums so far, while I'm also a co-admin at a reasonably well established XF based community forum too, @thefreespeechforum.com

The reasoning for my (eventually) switching from XF to Flarum, is pretty complex, suffice to say I just like the general simplicity of the Flarum system, as well as the ease by which we (especially amateurs like me) are able to freely customize the Flarum basic foundations.

Unfortunately, and tbh rather cartoonishly, I'm just utterly hopeless with coding and although I've tried to mitigate this by throwing thousands towards hiring experienced people to help me with all the technical stuff since I first began with XF back in late '22, yet I've ended up with practically nothing to show for it....😂 essentially as good as simply flushing piles of cash down the dunny.

So anyways, at this point I'm completely over bothering to waste any more time or money on hiring anyone for this stuff ever again...(🤔well, I suppose unless they somehow proved worthwhile), whereas instead I've resorted to attempting to figure this stuff out myself...so far with...🤭 questionable results.

Frankly, as of right now, I've probably become a bit jaded with regard to ever finding anyone willing to help me out, but I haven't given up altogether. Which is pretty much why I figure it wouldn't hurt to at least give this site a chance.
It'd be frickin' awesome if someone was keen to give me a hand.

Of course, to be clear, I do not expect anything for nothing. I couldn't code to save my life, but I'm quite willing to reciprocate in any way I am able.
Perhaps, as an example, if ya needed some more posting activity on your forum, I could do that for sure. Or, if ya needed a hand promoting your site, or establishing inter-forum collaborative efforts, I could definitely help out with both. There's a lot more I can do, although I'm really just not sure what might be of interest.
Feel free to hit me up if you've got anything in mind. I'm happy to consider anything...😄as long as it ain't too freaky.

😉👍 Cheers!

Ask a Question