Menu Control

RG

I am trying to configure menu control with a background picture of tabs I
have a gif file containing the picture of 2 tabs. One is slightly darker
than the other.

What is the correct practice?... When a tab is clicked, you go another url
or stay within the same url and show a different pane (if this is possible)?
In either case, how would you change the background tab and make it remain
after it was clicked?

Thanks in advance