OSGi Dependency Bundling Pros/Cons

Jan Thomä

Hi,

I'm currently trying to find out the best way of providing dependencies
to clients of my OSGi Bundles. There are basically two ways to do this:

- Put the required library files into each bundle and reference them
via the JAR manifest.
- From each library, create a "bundlified" version, which can be
installed as a bundle itself.

There are some apparent pros and cons to both of these approaches,
however I would like to know what is probably the best variant (maybe
there is also an approach 3?) in the long run, when it comes to
shipping the next version of your bundles. he google searches I did
were somewhat inconclusive. Any OSGi guru here who can give me a hint?
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Jan Thomä