Perl CGI Oralce database error

David

Hi,

I need to access to an Oracle database in a cgi script and got an
error " ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier
specified (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)". The OS is winxp and perl
version is 5.8.8 from activestate. The connection works fine when
tested in command window but got the error when load from web browser.
The apache web server is used. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,

David

sanantram

Check if the websrvr user has access to the Oracle client directory
containing oracle config files (these end in .ora and contain the TNS
name of your oracle server).