Problems with .net com callable component

gsi

We have an intermittent problem with a com callable component created with
..net 2.0. This component is called in asp pages written in VB script on a
Win2k3 server.

About once every 2-4 weeks the CreateObject call for this component fails
with a Error '80070002', which appears to be a "something bad happened" type
of message. Recycling the associated application pool does resume normal
operation. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

The asp site has a virtual directory running under a different app pool that
references the same component via native .net. The virtual dir hosts an
aspnet 2.0 application. The component is used to coordinate session
information between the asp and .net apps.

Again everything works great for weeks at a time, then the site is crippled
by this problem.

Thanks

Evertjan.

gsi wrote on 04 jan 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
We have an intermittent problem with a com callable component created
with .net 2.0. This component is called in asp pages written in VB
script on a Win2k3 server.

This is a classic asp group.

Dotnet questions c/should be asked in
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>