Tab control in vs2005/2.0

GaryDean

I notice that there is still no tab control in vs2005. That seems like a
strange omission. Are we left with the only choice to use those I.E.
Webcontrols?

(maybe it's still because we don't want to look like Lotus notes :)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your feedback on this.
Yes, when the ASP.NET 2.0 released,(actually since beta preview), we also
expect that the complete IE webcontrol collection (from asp.net 1.1) is
included in ASP.NET 2.0. However, due to some objective factor, TabStrip
and Multi pages are not involved, also we can find that the TreeView is
also much less powerful than the original IE WebControl one. This is
because the new ASP.NET 2.0 navigation controls targets multiple browsers
which can not utilize the original IE specific DHTML features (like
HTC...), thus, when implementing the new control, the dev team postpone
some ones which require advanced dhtml functions. I think new ones will be
involved through add-on package just like the IE webcontrols in 1.1 , and
since AJAX is becoming popular (ASP.NET 2.0 involve a atlas package for
ajax developing), there'll occur more cool controls...

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security