Treeview producing invalid XHTML

Chris

I know this has been posted before but I can't find anyone with a solution,
I was wondering whether any one has a solution/workaround yet for the
treeview XHTML "bug". The treeview produces invalid XHTML. It produces a
javascript function TreeView_PopulateNodeDoCallBack with no type. Any ideas.
Regards, Chris.

Alan Silver

Chris said:
I know this has been posted before but I can't find anyone with a solution,
I was wondering whether any one has a solution/workaround yet for the
treeview XHTML "bug". The treeview produces invalid XHTML. It produces a
javascript function TreeView_PopulateNodeDoCallBack with no type. Any ideas.

Unfortunately, there's little you can do about this. I submitted this as
a bug to MS ages ago, and they merely marked it as "will not fix"
despite it being the easiest and quickest bug to fix in the entire
history of computing[1]

So, you either live with it, or you use something like
http://aspalliance.com/71 to modify the page output before it is sent to
the browser.

HTH

[1] OK, so maybe this is just a teensy bit of an exaggeration - but not
much!