User IP address

Joined
Apr 29, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
My website (on GoDaddy) has a comment page where the user enters info and clicks on send. I am capturing what I thought is the users IP by using Request.UserHostAddress in the form's VB code. I have had a friend in CA try the form. I have tried the form from my iPad (both on wifi and cell) and from my Android. I always get 192.88.134.12. That resolves to cloudproxy11012.sucuri.net. Until recently I was getting a lot of BOT traffic using the comments page. Those also had the same IP address.

Apparently GoDaddy and Sucuri are one or close.

How or why are they changing my data being sent to the email server?

Joined
Apr 29, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
I could be way wrong, but it starting with 192 makes me believe that you are getting a local internet ip address.
If it was 192.168 I would agree. GoDaddy, or their security company, are massaging the value. For now I have dropped trying to get the user IP. I may look into doing something like changing the decimal points in the address to dashes. Maybe that will fool the filter but not me when I see the address.