What is Programming?

Reaction score
Hello, i am a 17 year old teenager that wants to get into programming and have started to learn python, but i have a lot of doubts about programming in general. Like what can i actually do with programming, i know i can make web pages and apps but is there more to it? and also, like what do programmers actually do, for example if someone works at like Google or Microsoft what do they do? and what should i learn to work there.

I tried searching for a bit in pages and youtube but i didnt find anything concrete that could answer my doubts

Reaction score
I write programs to solve math problems. Not as a job, just for entertainment.

I'm no expert, but I think junior programmers at any company would spend most of the day testing and debugging other peoples' programs, and writing user manuals.

All the stuff nobody else wants to do.

I could be wrong.

Reaction score
You named two of the technology corporations with the highest market capitalization. There are so many job opportunities at Google or Microsoft. On a programming lens, employees could program databases, operating systems, browsers, and even developer APIs and tools. As an executive, you could also handle business matters. All of these jobs require different skills & expertise, as programming can not be defined by one thing. The answer to your questions is that programming is a developed collection of languages, and there are so many things to explore!

Ask a Question