ajax multipart problem

charles

Hello,

I'm trying to use AJAX to send multipart data (not from a client
file), and I'm using a requestbody with the files separated by a
boundary, like that:

var boundStr = 'capitano';
var boundary = '--' + boundStr;

var requestbody = [
boundary,
'',
jdkVersion,
boundary
].join('\n');

And then I set the headers and send, like that:

httpRequest.onreadystatechange = requestdone;
httpRequest.open('POST', url, true);
httpRequest.setRequestHeader('Content-type', 'multipart/form-
data; boundary="' + boundStr + '"');
httpRequest.send(requestbody);

Now when I try to send the request, I get an error "File not found" in
Firefox, "Resource not found" in IE. But I'm not reading a file?? I'm
puzzled.

Any ideas welcome.

Skye Shaw!@#$

Hello,

I'm trying to use AJAX to send multipart data (not from a client
var boundStr = 'capitano';
var boundary = '--' + boundStr;

var requestbody = [
boundary,
'',
jdkVersion,
boundary
].join('\n');

And then I set the headers and send, like that:

httpRequest.onreadystatechange = requestdone;
httpRequest.open('POST', url, true);
httpRequest.setRequestHeader('Content-type', 'multipart/form-
data; boundary="' + boundStr + '"');
httpRequest.send(requestbody);

Now when I try to send the request, I get an error "File not found" in
Firefox, "Resource not found" in IE. But I'm not reading a file?? I'm
puzzled.

Any ideas welcome.

Works for me. Can you post the text of the error as listed the
JavaScript console?

charles

[...]

Firefox:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.send]"
nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS
frame :: file:///C:/charles/compile.html :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 39"
data: no]

[...]

You need to test this via a web server, as you are making a XML /Http/
Request.

charles

var boundStr = 'capitano';
var boundary = '--' + boundStr;
var requestbody = [
boundary,
'',
jdkVersion,
boundary
].join('\n');
And then I set the headers and send, like that:
httpRequest.onreadystatechange = requestdone;
httpRequest.open('POST', url, true);
httpRequest.setRequestHeader('Content-type', 'multipart/form-
data; boundary="' + boundStr + '"');
httpRequest.send(requestbody);

charles> When I try to send the request, I get an error "File not
charles> found" in Firefox, "Resource not found" in IE. But I'm not
charles> reading a file?? I'm puzzled.

shaw> Works for me. Can you post the text of the error as listed the
shaw> JavaScript console?

charles> Firefox:
charles> Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component
charles> returned failure code: 0x80520012
charles> (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.send]"
charles> nsresult: "0x80520012
charles> (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS
charles> frame :: file:///C:/charles/compile.html :: <TOP_LEVEL> ::
charles> line 39" data: no]

shaw> You need to test this via a web server, as you are making a
shaw> XML /Http/ Request.

Oops... I thought it was enough to connect to a server. Thanks.

Charles