Java books suggestions, anyone?

drg

Does anyone have suggestions on some Java books? I have finished Java,
How to Program (6th edition). though my studies at the moment are on C#
I would like to continue advancing with Java as my interest are in web
development.

Thanks,

DRG

P.S. My prior studies have included HTML, XHTML, DHTML, and Javascript
if this is relevant.

Hal Rosser

drg said:
Does anyone have suggestions on some Java books? I have finished Java,
How to Program (6th edition). though my studies at the moment are on C# I
would like to continue advancing with Java as my interest are in web
development.

Thanks,

DRG

P.S. My prior studies have included HTML, XHTML, DHTML, and Javascript if
this is relevant.

This book starts you on Java Servlets and JSP
http://www.murach.com/books/jsps/index.htm

Starts from bottom - but assumes you know java

Daniel Pitts

Does anyone have suggestions on some Java books? I have finished Java,
How to Program (6th edition). though my studies at the moment are on C#
I would like to continue advancing with Java as my interest are in web
development.

Thanks,

DRG

P.S. My prior studies have included HTML, XHTML, DHTML, and Javascript
if this is relevant.

I'm starting a collection of books I recommend. So far there are two
on my site.

http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/technical-book-recommendations/

I'll add more as I have time. Every book I recommend I have read
through and thought extremely helpful.

Lew

Daniel said:
I'm starting a collection of books I recommend. So far there are two
on my site.

http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/technical-book-recommendations/

I love the fact that you provided a convenient link to Amazon. That is very
helpful. Thank you.

I already own /Java Concurrency in Practice/, and I agree it's a seminal work.
I'll look into /Refactoring/ based on your recommendation.

You provide a valuable service by letting us know your opinion of these books
and by helping people find at least one source for them.

Daniel Pitts

Lew said:
I love the fact that you provided a convenient link to Amazon. That is
very helpful. Thank you.

I already own /Java Concurrency in Practice/, and I agree it's a seminal
work. I'll look into /Refactoring/ based on your recommendation.

You provide a valuable service by letting us know your opinion of these
books and by helping people find at least one source for them.
Thank you Lew.

I would proved more sources, but I think it would crowd the pages too
much. Also, I think people generally know how to find books from their
own favorite sources, once they know which book to seek.

Roedy Green

Does anyone have suggestions on some Java books? I have finished Java,
How to Program (6th edition). though my studies at the moment are on C#
I would like to continue advancing with Java as my interest are in web
development.

I have dozens of them scattered throughout the Java glossary.

You can google "recommend book bunny rabbit databases with SQL
site:mindprod.com" on whatever topic is important and it will find my
book recommendations.

Also see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html