Reverse search for a website

Joined
Apr 24, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I would like to be able to do a reverse search. I've no clue if this is doable.
For example the search bar inside a website lets you enter a word and it will then load a new webpage with all related stats for that word.
Coding wise the stats and the word consist of simple text inside an element (<p>, <h>,..)

To put into perspective, let's say I want to find all the Companies (word) that got between 15% - 30% Market Share (stat) and between 5% - 10% Revenue (stat).

Companies 1,2,3 have 20% MS and 3% RV, while Company 4 has 20% MS and 6% RV.
Only the webpage for Company 4 will be displayed.

I'm not an expert at all at coding so bear with me please
If something isn't clear, let me know

Thanks alot

Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
368
Reaction score
41
the search bar inside a website lets you enter a word
You can create a more advanced form that allows the user to provide more criteria for their search.
For example:
HTML:
<h3>Search</h3>
<form action="search.php" method="POST">
  <label>Companies:
    <input type="text" name="companies" placeholder="Enter Companies" required>
  </label>

  <label>Market Share (%):
    <input type="number" name="market_share_min" placeholder="Min %" min="0" max="100" required>
    <input type="number" name="market_share_max" placeholder="Max %" min="0" max="100" required>
  </label>

  <label>Revenue (%):
    <input type="number" name="revenue_min" placeholder="Min %" min="0" max="100" required>
    <input type="number" name="revenue_max" placeholder="Max %" min="0" max="100" required>
  </label>

  <button type="submit">Search</button>
</form>

  form {
    font: 400 .9rem/1 system-ui, monospace;
  }
  input::placeholder {
    font-family: inherit;
    font-size: 80%;
  }
  label + label {
    display: block;
    margin-top: .5rem;
  }
  button {
    display: block;
    margin-top: 1rem;
  }

Joined
Apr 24, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reply. Oh but I was talking websites that aren't mine. So I guess that's more complicated ?