display events on the screen

Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi ..to all
I am posting my problem n this thread as I have seen people getting some or other kind of help by posting there question. So with that same hope I am posting my question.

The thing is that I have constructed a RADAR on a canvas which will query remote soap server and display attacks on it.
Now that question is that I have made the radar.its up and working, but the problem is how t display the events which i have queried.
Sp i need to update the canvas every 10 seconds and get the events displayed on the canvas.
But I am not able to display the events, as I can't have any user interference. S I have to have everything automated.
i am attaching my code also...any help would be appreciated...and for any further know how of my problem...plz ask me ill give yu more details.
from Tkinter import *
from time import sleep
import thread
root= Tk()

class hello:
def __init__(self, myparent):
self.mycont= Canvas(myparent, height= 900, width=900, background= "blue")

def arch(self):
while True:
for i in range(0,360,10):
n=self.mycont.create_arc(100,70,800,700, start=i, extent=10, fill= "white", width=5)
self.mycont.pack()
sleep(0.05)
self.mycont.delete(n)
self.mycont.bell()

def Oval(self):
while True:
sleep(6)
z= self.mycont.create_oval(260, 280, 300, 250, fill= "green")

sleep(8)
self.mycont.delete(z)

def quit(self):
import sys; sys.exit()

hell= hello(root)

thread.start_new_thread(hell.arch,())
thread.start_new_thread(hell.Oval,())
root.mainloop()

Thanks a lot to all the people..who would take time and try to help mme
cheers

Last edited: