Trying Chrome now, bad news

Jorge

It doesn't run squirrelfish but something a bit better: it runs V8:

http://code.google.com/p/v8/

It's a JIT compiler for javascript. No, not a bytecode compiler like
squirrelfish but direct-to-native-instructions javascript.

You mean not squirrelfish but something still faster ?

Thumbs up !
I love to see that the browsers keep changing for the better.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]>,
Same as Firefox 3 except rows 5, 6 and N are false instead of true.

One wonders whether it is possible to indicate to Chrome, in a date/time
string, the offset from GMT numerically? That is to say, by a suffix
like +0800 ?

Clicking ? for the Loops 100000, I get 100000 OK

Clicking ResolB I get General resolution is at least 30 bits.

Clicking ResolC I get Range resolution is at least 30 bits.
plus
Clicking ResolA I get Maximum resolution is 2^-30 or better.
Is that what you wanted?

Yes, thanks.

You could try more loops, but the error for which that tests is not
expected, though Opera used to have it.

For resolution, 30 bits is dismal, even despicable. 32 would be
excusable. The source code needs looking at. They ought to read Knuth;
but my pages js-randm.htm & pas-rand.htm should provide core
information.

I assume that this Google Chrome has a major version number of 1.

Apologies, Chris, I had not intended to mail this.